The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*CK lays out a new perspective, a fresh ideology, and a very contemporary paradigm to follow for a happy life. Well! Mark Manson–the Author–might end up getting nominated for using the F-Word for maximum times. Not giving a Fuck is more about decluttering your life, looking at problems with a positive attitude and balancing the act of feeling positive, because trying to be positive is actually a negative emotion.
The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*CK is the perfect guide to living a happier and fulfilling life in the contemporary world. You can hate this book for blaming you for all your negative experiences but you cannot discard it; No matter what, you will end up giving a fuck about this Book. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*CK Quotes listed here are just a glimpse of the hard-hitting reality this book introduces you to.
- The true measurement of self-worth is not how a person feels about their positive experiences, but how they feel about their negative experiences.
2. Who you are is defined by what you’re willing to struggle for.
3. A more interesting question, a question that most people never consider is, “What pain do you want in your life? What are you willing to struggle for?”
Because that seems to be a greater determinant of how our lives turn out.
4. We Like the idea that we can alleviate all of our sufferings permanently. We Like the idea that we can feel fulfilled and satisfied with our lives forever.
5. Much as the pain of touching a hot stove teaches you not to touch it again, the sadness of being alone teaches you not to do things that made you feel so alone again.
Emotions are simply biological signals designed to nudge you in the direction of beneficial change.
6. Happiness comes from solving problems. The keyword here is “Solving”. If you’re avoiding your problems or feel like you don’t have any problems. then you’re going to make yourself miserable.
If you feel like you have problems that you can’t solve, you will likewise make yourself miserable.
The secret sauce is in the Solving of the problems, not in having problems in the first place.
7. And this is what’s so dangerous about a society that coddles itself more and more from the inevitable of experiencing healthy doses of pain, a loss that disconnects us from the reality of the world around us.
8. Pain, in all of its forms, is our body’s most effective means 0f spurring action. Take something as simple as stubbing your toe. If you’re like me, when you stub your toe, you scream enough four-letters to make Pope Francis cry.
9. Not giving a fuck does not mean being indifferent; it means being comfortable with being different.
10. You’re going to die one day, I know that’s kind of obvious, but I just wanted to remind you in case you’d forgotten.
You have a limited amount of fucks to give. Very few, in fact.
And if you go around giving a fuck about everything and everyone without conscious through or choice. Well, then you’re going to get fucked!
11. Most of us struggle throughout our lives by giving t0o many fucks in situations where fucks do not deserve to be given!
12. Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience.
Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires.
13. The desire for more positive experience is itself a negative experience.
And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one’s negative experience is itself a positive experience.
Latest posts by Pranav Shree (see all)
- The Belated Bachelor Party by Ravinder Singh - 02/05/2019
- Bookshelves under 1500INR on Flipkart to Decorate Your House - 16/03/2019
- Wake Up, Life is Calling by Preeti Shenoy - 16/03/2019